Publica is a not-for-profit company owned by Cotswold District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Forest of Dean District Council and Cheltenham Borough Council. We are a partnership, working together to share skills and resources to allow us to deliver more for the councils and residents we serve.
Each of the partner councils and client organisations retain their independence and identity, but by working together and sharing resources, we seek to maximise mutual benefit for all.
Set up in 2017, we are on a journey of continued improvement, and we are looking for new ways to effectively deliver local services for each council and the communities they represent. We have transformed the way services are delivered within the four districts, helping the councils deliver great services for local residents. Over the coming years we will strive to deliver even better services, innovate in the way we deliver them and continue to deliver the council priorities.
The Publica Way - Our Values
At Publica we put our customers first. We provide excellent service to our local communities, the councils and clients we support and our colleagues. Our aim is to have a reputation for service that is second to none, and we do that by staying true to our shared values. This is the way we work and how we make our customers smile.
- We act genuinely and transparently. We do the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other
- We don’t just go through the motions. We take time to engage with, listen to and really understand our customers’ needs
- We’re honest and decent. We admit it when we make a mistake, we put it right and we learn from it
- We respect and support our colleagues. We look out for each other and are always ready to step in and help
- We are not set in our ways. We are constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter
- We are curious and ask questions. We create an environment where feedback and challenge is welcome
- We innovate, embrace new technology and find ways to improve and work better
- We work collaboratively, actively sharing our learning and experiences with each other and recognising each other’s success and achievements
- We are agile – adapting how and what we do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world
- We are practical, use our common sense, insight and judgement. We are willing to adapt and make changes as the need arises
- We go out of our way to deliver for our colleagues and for our customers, even if that means changing our plans
- We are always willing to learn new methods, tools and techniques to improve the service we deliver and meet the future needs of our customers
- We take pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs
- We work to high standards, aiming to add value at every opportunity and deliver our best
- We are warm and approachable, acting professionally but still being friendly and kind
- We respect our colleagues and customers
I have been working for Publica for just over 6 months. My job was initially advertised as a standard, full time 9-5 role. As a single mother of two young children, I could not easily work those hours without compromising my childcare commitments. My managers were really happy to work with me to reduce my contracted hours by 10% and then to set up a work pattern across the week that fitted around school hours. They have also shown great flexibility when I have needed to make changes at short notice and have accommodated those changes without ever making me feel like a burden or less of a team player. Their supportive attitude and flexibility have enabled me to give my best at work without having to compromise on my commitments at home.
Also, I started with Publica during the pandemic and could not visit the office at all for the first few months. This could have led to me feeling very isolated, but my team have all been wonderful at ensuring I have been included and supported throughout and have settled happily into my role.