Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
Our customers and users can expect:
- Services delivered to a high standard that are responsive, flexible and focused on individual and community needs
- Staff who are warm and approachable, who take the time to listen and understand their needs
- A seamless approach to handling complex service requests that cut across more than one service
- Openness and honesty about what we can and cannot provide/deliver
- A willingness to hear and consider ideas about how we can improve our services
For West Oxfordshire, Cotswold and Forest of Dean District Councils, Publica effectively provides a complete and comprehensive organisational management service. This includes direct management of a number of all district council services provided to residents such as Planning and Economic Growth; Housing, Benefits and Council Tax; Environmental Health and Licensing; Waste and Recycling; Leisure and Community Services.
Commissioning & client support
Publica also provides the councils with commissioning and client support and advice in terms of assisting councillors in developing their policies and strategies and writing reports for formal decision making processes. Publica staff collate and present all the necessary data and information needed for the councils to meet their democratic, legal and statutory requirements.
Back office services
Publica additionally provides back office services (Finance, Human Resources, and ICT) to Ubico (another council owned company providing waste and environmental services), Cheltenham Borough Council, Cheltenham Borough Homes and the Cheltenham Trust.