Who we are and what we do
We are ‘Publica’ Group (Support) Limited and are a council owned employment company which delivers shared services between Cotswold, West Oxfordshire, and Forest of Dean District Councils and Cheltenham Borough Council (hereon known as “Clients”. ‘Publica’ additionally provides services to the Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and UBICO (an environmental services local authority company) (heron known as “Clients)
‘Publica’s Procurement Service is responsible for the procurement strategy and policy, procurement efficiency and the delivery of ‘Publica’s procurement projects and also procurement services provisions to the partner Councils (above). As part of these processes Publica evaluates the proposals received in response to call for quotations and tender.
‘Publica’ is a data controller under the Data Protection Legislation as we collect and process personal information about you in order to provide these services, and to meet our statutory and regulatory obligations.
This notice explains why we ask for your personal information, how that information will be used and how you can access your records.
Any questions regarding our privacy practices should be sent to:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Publica Group (Support) Limited
Trinity Road, Cirencester¸ GL7 1PX
Tel: 01993 861194
Why we need your information and how we use it
‘Publica’ has to collect personal information from individuals to enable us to discharge our duties. Specifically this is to undertake procurement process activities to enable Publica to meet its needs and requirements for the provision of goods, works and services.
We have a statutory and regulatory obligation to provide these services in accordance with the following legislations, the list is not exhaustive:
- The Local Government Act 2003
- The EU Public Contracts Directive 2014
- The Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- The Council’s Financial Procedural Rules and Contract Standing Orders
- Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005
- Disposal Regulations, 2006
What type of information is collected from you?
In order to administer our services we collect the following information from you:
- Contact details of bidders, their staff or sub-contractors such as: name, address, telephone number, email address etc
- Business details of bidders such as: company registration details, bank details, financial accounts etc
- Additional information in relation to the procurement process requirement to enable us to progress the service. This will depend on the type of procurement being undertaken.
We will only ask for personal information that is appropriate to enable us to deliver our services. In some cases, you can refuse to provide your details if you deem a request to be inappropriate. However, you should note that this may impact on our ability to provide some services to you.
Who your information may be shared with (internally and externally)
We may share some information with other organisations including:
- other Publica and Council Services
- members of the public, in accordance with the ‘Publica ’s obligation to publish information on the outcome of the procurement procedure
How long we keep your information (retention period)
Data is only held as long as is necessary, unless superseded by statutory regulation, and disposed of securely when it is no longer needed.
How we protect your Information
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
You have rights under the Data Protection Legislations:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
- you have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will self report breaches to the Commissioner.
How you can access, update or correct your information
The Data Protection Legislation allows you to find out what information is held about you, on paper and computer records. This is known as ‘right of subject access’ and applies to your Procurement Services data along with all other personal records.
If you wish to see a copy of your records you should contact the Data Protection Officer. You are entitled to receive a copy of our records free of charge, within a month.
In certain circumstances access to your records may be limited, for example, if the records you have asked for contain information relating to another person.
The accuracy of your information is important to us to be able to provide relevant services more quickly. We are working to make our record keeping more efficient. In the meantime, if you change your address or email address, or if any of your circumstances change or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please email us or write to us at:
Publica Group (Support) Limited
Trinity Road, Cirencester, GL7 1PX
Phone: 0300 303 3677
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, or if for any reason you do not wish to have your information used in any of the ways described in this Notice, please tell us. Contact the Data Protection Officer
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk