Technical Officer (Licensing)
- Location: Witney
- Salary: Up to £22,323 per annum
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: 1 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 29 April 2019
About the role…
Publica is seeking to recruit a Technical Officer to work within Environmental and Regulatory Services (ERS). ERS provide Environmental Health, Licensing and Building Control services across Cotswold, West Oxfordshire and Forest of Dean Districts. This post will allow you to gain a wide range of experience within our licensing department. You will be responsible for inspecting low risk premises, processing and issuing a wide range of licences, and a focus on high levels of customer service will be key.
You will need…
- A Level or similar, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, cope with competing demands and problem solve
- Be an effective team worker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft Office
- Usually one year’s knowledge and experience of working in a public service environment
- Customer focus and an ability to deal with people in a professional and diplomatic manner
- A good understanding of equality and diversity
- Flexible, positive, motivated, organised and effective at time management
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Michelle Bignell on Michelle.Bignell@publicagroup.uk who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.