Senior Planning Case/Enforcement Officer
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: up to £38,548 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 21 November 2018
Publica offers the opportunity at Cotswold District Council to work within one of the most beautiful parts of the country with over 6,000 listed buildings, set in attractive countryside, 70% of which is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are located in the historic market town of Cirencester, which offers a good range of quality services and affords good access to London and the South-West.
Four partner Councils (Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils) have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services. The Councils will continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions.
Joining us will mean involvement in all aspects of processing a wide variety of planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents and members of the public, within a vibrant, varied and well-motivated team environment.
Publica is seeking to recruit a Senior Planning Case/Enforcement Officer. The post will comprise a dual role within the Development Management Service: comprising approximately 50% enforcement work and 50% in the processing of planning applications, related pre-application advice, general enquiries and appeals. The complexity of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
- To work in partnership with customers, Consultees and Council Members to ensure that applications are in a condition to enable full and proper consideration/determination.
- To deal with cases relating to planning enforcement, including all aspects of investigation.
- To process, consider and negotiate on all applications and cases in a timely manner.
- To prepare decision notices and where necessary make robust, sound, and high quality recommendations and present reports to Committee meetings.
- Prepare written evidence for planning and enforcement appeals.
- Represent the Council at appeal hearings and inquiries for planning and enforcement matters.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to make sound planning judgements
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Degree or relevant Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent
- Proven experience of working in Town and Country Planning
- Use of a car or other means of transport for business purposes when necessary
- Planning Enforcement experience
- Corporate Membership of the RTPI
- Experience of preparation and presentation of planning reports
- Experience of working within a customer orientated service
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office/ CAPS Uniform System
Someone with the necessary skills and enthusiasm to help us continuously improve our service and who responds positively to change.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.