Relief Office Cleaners
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: £8.75 per hour
- Hours: Up to 10 (Monday to Friday 5.30-7.30 pm)
- Contract Type: Casual
- Closing Date: 18 December 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit Relief Office Cleaners to undertake, individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of designated areas to ensure they are kept clean and in a hygienic condition.
At Publica we want to deliver local services of the highest possible standard. We are aiming to create a reputation for service that is second to none, and the role above presents an excellent opportunity to help transform our services and reach that goal.
- Cleaning any of the Council offices as advised by your line manager, including vacuuming all carpeted areas along with emptying and cleaning of litter and recycling bins, replacing plastic bags, dusting of all office equipment, cleaning the toilets and replenishing soap/paper towels and toilet rolls, dish washing, removing cobwebs cleaning of window frames and doors, wet floor mopping etc.
- Notifying Line Manager promptly of any Health and Safety issues, cleaning materials required, lights not working, doors not shutting etc. on a daily basis or as necessary.
- Where appropriate, lock doors and check windows are secure at end of shift.
- To undertake cleaning duties as requested in any other Council Offices buildings in Witney.
- Ensure that any identified personal training needs are discussed with the immediate supervisor.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work; and co-operate with the line manager so far as is necessary to enable the employer to perform or comply with its duties under any statutory health and safety provisions.
- This job description is intended as a general guide to the duties attached to the post and is not an inflexible specification. It may therefore be altered from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the department, always in consultation with the post holder.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the correct disposal methods.
- Excellent communication and the ability to work with others.
- Excellent organisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply CVs with cover letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to Recruitment Team, CDC Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester GL7 1PX. Please quote job reference LPS10106-3 after the post title.
- If you have any queries please contact the Recruitment Team on 01285 623319
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.