PR and Communications Assistant Apprentice
- Location: Cirencester/Witney
- Salary: £12,000 per annum
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Apprenticeship Contract
- Closing Date: 01 August 2019
About the role
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! There’s loads going on in an environment where ideas and innovation are encouraged and a creative approach to the challenges we face is essential. The communications team is finding its feet in its new form and we need an enthusiastic person to come in and help us as we set up a more collaborative way of working together.
This is a rare opportunity to complete the Public Relations Assistant Level 4 Apprenticeship and earn while you learn. You’ll get loads of experience of dealing with media queries, utilising social media, planning and evaluating campaigns and writing for a wide range of audiences – basically an excellent grounding in public sector communications.
You will need…
- Minimum three A-Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSEs Level 9 - 4 (formerly A*-C) in Maths and English
- Experience in using social media and a basic understanding of analytics
- Good understanding and interest in current affairs, the PR industry, the media and marketing
- Creative personality who enjoys writing/content production and finding innovative solutions to a challenge
- Communicates effectively at all levels (excellent verbal and written skills)
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Rachel McQuilliam, Head of Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 861715 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Benefits: Join us and be part of something great.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com