Planning Policy Officer
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: Up to £30,750 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract – to January 2022
- Closing Date: 17 February 2019
About the role….
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Council’s Planning Policy Team and help drive forward a number of exciting projects including the Oxfordshire Cotswolds Garden Village, neighbourhood planning, the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and the Oxfordshire Housing and Growth Deal.
You will need….
- GCSEs (5 A-Cs or equivalent, including Maths and English) and A-levels or equivalent
- A degree in planning or a related discipline
- Experience of working in planning policy or a similar area of work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with a range of different people and organisations in a variety of ways including meetings and public consultation events
- A good level of IT skills including data analysis and monitoring e.g. use of databases and other related software
- The ability to achieve results through others
- To demonstrate flexibility, responsiveness and customer focus as well as being proactive and self-motivated with an ability to prioritise key tasks and meet tight deadlines
- To work together with employees, colleagues and customers to resolve problems and implement change initiatives
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Chris Hargraves on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0199 861686 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 17 February 2019 at 5 pm
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com Please use the reference number PSH10157 with the job title.
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.