Planning Officer (Coleford, Forest of Dean)
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: £28,000 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 20 January 2019
A great opportunity to work in a pioneering organisation that is embarking on a vast change and growth programme. Publica is an innovative council-owned organisation which delivers shared services to Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, Cheltenham Borough Council, Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and Ubico.
About the role….
We are seeking a new enthusiastic member to join a small team preparing plans for the Forest of Dean. The FoD provides the challenges you may expect (and some you may not) in an unrivalled environment. The duties will include contributing to the full range of plan making, providing supporting information and helping to implement important schemes. The post will suit new graduates or someone with experience.
- Helping to prepare plans, policies and supporting material
- Assisting with surveys and liaising with members of the public and professionals explaining issues or gathering material
- Support and provide information for other LA colleagues and planners
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or equivalent in planning or a related subject, or relevant experience and be working towards/have RTPI membership
- Experience or knowledge of planning policy and Local Plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in dealing with members of the public at a professional and technical level
- Able to work methodically as well as creatively either as part of a team or individually with relatively little supervision
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact The Recruitment Team on email@example.com, telephone number 01285 623319 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Working for Publica we will give you…
- Excellent opportunities for personal, professional and career development
- Recognition and reward for the contributions you make
- Flexibility and choice
Please see our Benefits for further information on what we can offer you!
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 20 January 2019
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference number PSH10148.
It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for the Publica Group.
All successful candidates will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.