ICT Trainee Technicians
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £16,680 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: 2 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 09 December 2018
About the role….
Are you looking for a new challenge and a career in ICT? If so we have an exciting opportunity at Publica working in our ICT team, which is responsible for providing ICT services and support to seven public sector organisations. Due to the nature of our service there will be plenty of opportunities to work with a range of technologies and different teams / disciplines.
We are looking for someone who has an interest in ICT and how technology can improve the services we provide as well as having a passion for learning new skills and being able to use their initiative when required.
We will be providing the successful candidate with both technical training in the form of professionally recognised IT industry qualifications as well as on the job experience.
You will need….
- Be educated to A level standard in IT or related subject or have equivalent experience
- Have good working knowledge of PC and Printer Hardware
- Have knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows (any version) and Microsoft Office
- Have strong customer service skills with a friendly, approachable manner
- Be able to work independently to deliver against personal and team objectives, liaising with relevant teams and expertise within Publica
- A willingness to take responsibility for dealing with issues and resolving problems and be able to use your own initiative
- Ability to remain effective, whilst adapting to changing tasks and priorities, in order to meet agreed deadlines
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Michelle Martin (ICT Resources Manager) on Michelle.Martin@publicagroup.uk or 01993 861148 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above and within the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK. Previous applicants need not apply for this position.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.