Healthy Lifestyle Advisor/Instructor
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £21,000 per annum, pro rata
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Contract Type: 2 Year fixed term
- Closing Date: 16 June 2019
About the role…
Publica are seeking to appoint a Healthy Lifestyle advisor to facilitate and promote the benefits of physical activity as well as encouraging the adoption of healthy lifestyles. You will provide one to one exercise and activity advice, and provide community based rehabilitation classes for higher risk and older individuals. If you have a commitment to addressing inequalities in health, experience of health and safety issues surrounding physical activity then this could be the job for you!!
You will need…
- 5 GCSEs, Grade A-C including Maths and English
- Recognised Exercise Referral Certificate, minimum Level 3
- Falls Prevention Exercise Qualification (PSI) or Otago Training
- Experience delivering group exercise for people with long term conditions
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Issues surrounding physical activity
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Gary Deighton on email@example.com or call 01594 812399, who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.