- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £27,312 per annum, pro rata
- Hours: 29.6 hours per week (over 4 or 5 days)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 24 February 2019
About the role
If you’re looking for a job where variety is a constant and where creativity and new ideas are in demand, this is a brilliant opportunity. Based in the beautiful Forest of Dean, you’ll be responsible for implementing and evaluating communications activity in support of the Forest of Dean District Council’s objectives and working as part of a wider team in a variety of corporate work for Publica. Capable and confident, you have a passion for communications and the skills to get messages across to a variety of audiences using the available resources carefully and cleverly.
You will need
- Relevant professional communications in public relations, marketing or related field, or a degree in relevant subject area
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of effective communications techniques, practices and current thinking
- A proven track record of developing and implementing successful external communications plans, and/or a solid background in news journalism
- Proven ability to work independently with an innovative approach to work
- Political sensitivity and the ability to form productive, professional working relationships with councillors, staff and partners at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent standards of written and verbal communication with the ability to produce copy for a wide variety of audiences and communicate complex information in an easy-to-grasp way
- Strong news sense and a clear understanding of risks and issues in relation to publicity
- Understanding and experience of using social media to achieve communications objectives
- Creative, self-starter with the confidence and ability to take ownership of and responsibility for work
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Rachel McQuilliam, Head of Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 861715 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Closing date for CV’s: 24 February 2019
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com. Please use the reference number TT10169 with the job title.
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.