Assistant Conservation and Design Officer
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 hours per week (Part time would be considered)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 09 January 2019
A great opportunity to work in a pioneering organisation that is embarking on a vast change and growth programme. Publica is an innovative council-owned organisation which delivers shared services to Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, Cheltenham Borough Council, Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and Ubico.
About the role….
- To provide administrative and professional support and advice on the conservation of the historic environment on behalf of Cotswold District Council.
- To work in partnership with property owners, developers, customers and other partners to protect and enhance the unique historic character of the Cotswolds.
- Starting in a supporting role, the work is wide-ranging and challenging and will enable you to gain experience and develop your skills within a busy Heritage and Design team. Mentoring and support will be provided.
- Candidates who can demonstrate their potential and the right attitude will be given the opportunity to study for more formal qualifications in conservation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications to A level standard or equivalent (although the post would also be suitable for graduates or those with a relevant post-graduate qualification in conservation)
- Experience in a similar or related role
- Enthusiasm for and an interest in the historic environment
- Effective communication skills with a wide range of customers and others (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Sophia Price, Heritage and Design Manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org; tel 01285 623000 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Working for Publica we will give you…
- Excellent opportunities for personal, professional and career development
- Recognition and reward for the contributions you make
- Flexibility and choice
Please see our Benefits for further information on what we can offer you!
Closing date for CV’s: 09 January 2019
Interviews to be held on: 16 January 2019
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com Please quote reference number PSH10143
It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for the Publica Group.
All successful candidates will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.