Youth Support Project Officer - North Cotswolds
- Location: Cirencester/Covering the North Cotswolds (remote working available)
- Salary: £23,216 - £23,853 per annum, pro rata
- Hours: 24 hours per week
- Contract Type: 18 month fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 01 August 2021
- Interview Date: 11 August 2021
An exciting time to join Cotswold District Council – public service but not as you know it!
Cotswold District is a great place to live, work and visit, and we are rightly proud of our businesses, communities and residents. We are busy recreating a council that’s pro-active and responsive to the needs of our residents and businesses in a fast changing environment. That means we need to be ‘fleet of foot’ and look for innovative and creative ways to deliver against our Corporate Plan priorities.
About the role…
This is an exciting opportunity for a Youth Support Project Officer to join our team in the Cotswolds. You will work with a wide range of local partners including business, voluntary and community sector organisations to support young people between the ages of 16 -25 who are not currently involved in education, employment or training.
You will be responsible for providing holistic support to young people by developing a personalised support programme tailored to the individual needs of the young person. This will include one to one support as well as signposting young people to initiatives/training offered by the wider youth support partnership. This role will offer a flexible outreach service for our North Cotswold communities.
You will also coordinate and further develop the youth support centre. The focus of this role is on broadening young people’s experiences by offering a wide range of opportunities not normally available to them and creating a space where young people are comfortable to come.
This is a new role covering the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- A level NVQ3, or BTEC Relevant professional qualification (relevant experience can be considered as an alternative)
- Previous experience in related field of at least 3 years
- Experience of responding to the needs of young people
- Experience of engaging with people who are facing challenges and who will be reluctant to engage in services
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car
- Post subject to an enhanced DBS check
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Jacqueline Wright on 01285 623617 or email Jacqueline.Wright@publicagroup.uk
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 1st August 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: Wednesday 11th August 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (Cotswold District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.