Waste Contracts Specialist
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: £40,062- £43,352 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 20 June 2021
- Interview Date: 23 June 2021
Publica manages major environmental services contracts delivering directly to residents in the Cotswolds, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire - the work we do is paramount in ensuring those customers receive an excellent service along with the respective authorities receiving value for money. At Publica we’re challenging historic approaches to waste contracts management in order to drive efficiency, change and improvement.
About the role…
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Waste Contracts Specialist to provide guidance within the area of specialism and actively contribute to the direction of Publica.
You will contribute to the shaping of policy, influencing industry bodies, partners, clients and colleagues to achieve long-term business plan objectives of Publica. Part of this role is to maintain a broad awareness of issues affecting the public sector and the area of specialism.
You will need…
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant profession
- Five years’ experience in the relevant field
- Relevant professional membership/qualification of governing body
- The ability to facilitate and manage ongoing change
- The ability to resolve complex issues and complaints by negotiation
- The ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- The ability to inspire and successfully motivate others towards shared objectives
- Ensure all relevant customer and company information is captured and recorded accurately
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Suzanne Jones, Resource and Delivery Manager on Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 20th June 2021 at midnight
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623079/70
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.