Service Support Assistant
- Location: Cirencester/Witney/Forest of Dean (must be able to travel to all sites)
- Salary: £18,473 - £20,937 pro rata
- Hours: 22 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 30 January 2022
- Interview Date: 07 February 2022
Are you a self-motivated administrator who adheres to confidentiality? We would love to hear from you and welcome you to our Resident Services Team!
About the role…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered.
This role plays a key part in supporting the Resident Services Group (which includes large areas of administration such as Housing, Revenues, Benefits, Customer Services, Planning and Environmental Services etc.) and will be responsible for managing extensive resources; to enable the delivery of great services to our customers. . You will need to be flexible, organised, confidential, hardworking and self-motivated. This role will enable you to contribute positively to the success of the business for the benefit of our customers.
As part of a small and friendly team, you will be instrumental in delivering our services. No two days will be the same; one day you could be reuniting a lost dog with its owner and the next you could be invigilating a test for taxi drivers! As a Service Support Assistant, you have the unique opportunity to discover a little bit about all of the services delivered by Resident Services Group giving you the springboard to find out where you want your career to go!
This is a replacement role covering the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- GCSEs (5 Graded 9-4) or equivalent, including Maths and English)
- A level NVQ3, or BTEC Relevant professional qualification (Office/ Admin e.g. CLAIT) (relevant experience can be considered as an alternative)
- Experience in office environment / similar or related role
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office, Google Suite
- Knowledge of Northgate, Uniform, Civica, Chipside, MiPermit, Business World Systems and Agresso would be desirable
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes and full UK Drivers Licence
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
Terms and conditions apply
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jessica Hollister on Jessica.email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022 @ midnight
Interview date: Week commencing 7th February 2022
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.