Service Support Assistant
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: £18,473 - £20,937 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 08 August 2021
- Interview Date: 16 August 2021
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist!
Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered.
Are you a self-motivated administrator who adheres to confidentiality? We would love to hear from you and welcome you to our Resident Services Team!
This role plays a key part in supporting the Resident Services Group (which includes large areas of administration such as Housing, Revenues, Benefits, Customer Services, Planning and Environmental Services etc.) and will be responsible for managing extensive resources; to enable the delivery of great services to our customers. . You will need to be flexible, organised, confidential, hardworking and self-motivated. This role will enable you to contribute positively to the success of the business for the benefit of our customers.
You will need…
- GCSEs (5 Graded 9-4) or equivalent, including Maths and English)
- A level NVQ3, or BTEC Relevant professional qualification (Office/ Admin e.g. CLAIT) (relevant experience can be considered as an alternative)
- Experience in office environment / similar or related role
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office, Google Suite
- Knowledge of Northgate, Uniform, Civica, Chipside, MiPermit, Business World Systems and Agresso would be desirable
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes and full UK Drivers Licence
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Gemma Moreing on email@example.com or phone 01285 623380.
Closing date: Sunday 8th August 2021 at midnight
Interview date: 16th August 2021
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623079/70
Please note previous applicants need not apply.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.