Senior Social Prescribing Facilitators
- Location: Forest of Dean - Coleford
- Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Fixed term contract until October 2021
- Closing Date: 06 October 2019
- Interview Date: 23 October 2019
About the role…
If you are self-motivated, enthusiastic and a committed individual whose passion is to support individuals, children and families, to improve their wellbeing, then this could be the job for you.
You must be a good listener, have time for people and be committed to supporting local communities to care for each other. You should have experience of working positively with people facing complex social and emotional challenges. You will have great interpersonal skills in supporting people, community groups and local organisations. You will need good local knowledge and the ability to form good working relationships with partners. You will need to have a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle as you will be expected to travel between all GP surgeries and a variety of community venues in the Forest of Dean locality.
You will need…
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or relevant professional qualification (HND or equivalent ) - relevant experience can be considered as an alternative
- Experience of working directly in health and social care, public health, or community development context; a background in children’s development would be an advantage
- Experience of working within or with the voluntary and community sector in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of building relationships and working in partnership with a variety of organisations and individuals
- Experience in a related post and able to demonstrate competence to undertake the duties required.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Gary Deighton on 01594 812399 or Gary.Deighton@publicagroup.uk who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and a supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK. Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.