- Location: Witney
- Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22 September 2019
A great opportunity to work in a pioneering organisation that is embarking on a vast change and growth programme. Publica is an innovative council-owned organisation which delivers shared services to Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, Cheltenham Borough Council, Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and Ubico.
About the role….
Two Senior Planner posts are available either to lead one of the two area teams dealing with the processing of planning applications including responsibility for preparation of the monthly schedule of applications, or deal with some of the more complex applications, related pre-application advice, general enquiries and appeals. The complexity of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience working in planning environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
- High level of IT skills - MS Office/CAPS Uniform System
- Communicates effectively at all levels (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Achieves results through others
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Abby Fettes, Interim Development Manager on email@example.com or 01993 861 684 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Working for Publica we will give you…
- Excellent opportunities for personal, professional and career development
- Recognition and reward for the contributions you make
- Flexibility and choice
Please see our Benefits for further information on what we can offer you!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference number PSH10248 when applying.
It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for the Publica Group.
All successful candidates will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.