- Location: Witney
- Salary: £18,805 - £23,048
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 20 June 2021
- Interview Date: 18 June 2021
Do you have experience of Council Tax and Business Rates?
West Oxfordshire District Council is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing West Oxfordshire as one of the best places to live, work and visit in the UK. We provide a range of important services including waste and recycling collections, planning, housing, leisure, community safety and environmental health. The Council has an ambitious Council Plan focussed on a range of important priorities including climate action, strong local communities, and a vibrant district economy. We want to deliver excellent modern services whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the Council. We also want to continue working in close partnership with our local communities and other important partners.
About the role…
We have a great opportunity for a Revenues Inspector to join our team. You will be responsible for inspections of empty, new and altered properties across West Oxfordshire, to ensure that Empty Property, Council Tax and Business Rate hereditaments are received in a timely manner.
You will take ownership of customer cases, including consultation with relevant subject matter experts and escalate to the relevant person as and when necessary. Part of your role will involve site visits when required.
Building relationships and communication is key to this role as you will be negotiating and decision making with internal and external customers and agencies.
This is a replacement role, which will cover West Oxfordshire. Within the District, there are plenty of places to see and visit whether you love hiking or cycling. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- Experience of Council Tax and/or Business Rates
- Experience of negotiating and decision making with internal and external customers and agencies
- Must be able to travel around the District
- Have knowledge of legislation relating specifically to the administration of Local Taxation and Empty Home
- Use of a car for work purposes
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Paula Massey on email@example.com or 01594 812389
Closing date: Sunday 20th June 2021 @ midnight
Interview date: 25th June 2021 via video conference
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (West Oxfordshire District Council, Cotswold District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.