Parking Enforcement Officers
- Location: Witney
- Salary: £19,003-£19,909 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week (shift pattern)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 28 November 2021
- Interview Date: 09 December 2021
Do you enjoy working outdoors? Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated and enjoy working with members of the public? Do you have the ability to maintain excellent records and gather evidence? If so, this role could be for you.
West Oxfordshire District Council is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing West Oxfordshire as one of the best places to live, work and visit in the UK. We provide a range of important services including waste and recycling collections, planning, housing, leisure, community safety and environmental health. The Council has an ambitious Council Plan focussed on a range of important priorities including climate action, strong local communities, and a vibrant district economy. We want to deliver excellent modern services whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the Council. We also want to continue working in close partnership with our local communities and other important partners.
About the role…
We have an exciting opportunity for two Civil Enforcement Officers to patrol the West Oxfordshire District.
As a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) you will help to:
- Enforce the parking restrictions on the roads and in the off-street car parks, to reduce dangerous and inconsiderate parking.
- Provide information to the public of appropriate parking facilities and directions for local amenities.
- Keep unauthorised vehicles out of bus stops, taxi ranks and disabled parking spaces;
- Keep vehicles out of the pedestrianised areas; and
- Provide a regular turnover of limited wait parking spaces to give other users the opportunity to park.
Working as a Civil Enforcement Officer, you will be in charge of issuing penalty charge notices to contravening vehicles, and will therefore be required to gather evidence through written notes and photographs. You should be able to maintain accurate records of your patrols and be able to use a hand held computer.
These are replacement roles, which will cover West Oxfordshire. Within the District, there are plenty of places to see and visit whether you love hiking or cycling.
You will need…
- Secondary school qualifications to include maths and English
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have current driving license and the ability to meet travelling needs of the role, including driving company vehicles.
- Customer focused and the ability to deal with people
- A current driving licence and the ability to meet travelling needs of the role, including driving company vehicles.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Maria Wheatley on 01285 623228 or email email@example.com
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 28th November 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: Thursday 9th December 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (West Oxfordshire District Council, Cotswold District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.