Housing and Community Development Facilitator - Salt Cross Garden Village
- Location: Witney with remote working available
- Salary: £31,526 - £32,610 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date: 26 September 2021
- Interview Date: 18 October 2021
Do you want to be a part of our ambitious housing plan?
A place to grow, a space to breathe
West Oxfordshire District Council is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing West Oxfordshire as one of the best places to live, work and visit in the UK. We provide a range of important services including, planning, housing, leisure, community safety, waste and recycling collections, and environmental health. We have an ambitious Council Plan focussed on a range of important priorities including climate action, strong local communities, and a vibrant district economy. We seek to deliver excellent modern customer focused services whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the Council. We also work in close partnership with our local communities and other important partners.
About the role…
West Oxfordshire has declared Climate Emergency status and at Salt Cross; a Garden Village within Homes England national programme of Garden Community’s we are seeking to deliver Climate Change Action by achieving sustainable development for the benefit of people, West Oxfordshire and the planet. We are ambitiously thinking globally and acting very locally. This is a very exciting opportunity to be a part of the new Salt Cross Garden Community in West Oxfordshire. Our ambitious plan includes a collaborative and partnership approach to building a community of around 2,200 new sustainable homes of different types, sizes and tenures including 50 percent of those being affordable housing to include rented options (social rent and affordable rent) and affordable home ownership with an emphasis on genuine affordability.
At West Oxfordshire Council our ambition is to have zero carbon housing, early delivery of community infrastructure with homes and people connected harmoniously to their natural environment.
At the forefront of exemplar development providing for climate change action and meeting the housing needs for a wide range of people and would welcome someone who feels as passionate about sustainability, acting to meet the challenges of climate change and delivering homes as we do!
This role will work closely with our partners; local communities, land owners and their representatives, registered providers, Oxford City Council and Homes England therefore someone with a collaborative mind-set and experience with partnership working would be ideal for this role.
Within this role you will work in partnership to:
- Lead the housing work stream within the Salt Cross Garden Community governance structure.
- Manage an up to date housing register.
- Communicate opportunities for 2,200 homes with key partners.
- Champion self build and develop business plans and opportunities with key partners
- Promote modern methods of construction as a delivery model and net zero homes and provide option appraisals when required.
- Support promotion of Salt Cross Garden Community
- Monitor and record housing delivery
- Develop community events programmes for new residents.
- Manage and measure customer satisfaction.
- Report to the Salt Cross programme board as required.
The right candidate will be organised with good people skills being able to communicate effectively. We want someone who shares our ambition to be at the forefront of delivering a new community.
To find out more about Salt Cross Garden Village and our plans please click here
This is a new role which will cover Salt Cross Garden Village in West Oxfordshire. Within the District, there are plenty of places to see and visit whether you love hiking or cycling all within easy access of Oxford . With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
We would like to hear from you if you would like to take up the challenge and have…
- Experience and knowledge of housing delivery demonstrating a successful track record of delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key components of the Government’s Garden Communities Programme.
- Experience of community engagement
- Knowledge and experience of business planning and a successful track record of developing business plans.
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience of performance project management
- Knowledge of community stewardship models.
- Ability to travel
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Andrea Clenton on 01993 861 714 or email Andrea.Clenton@publicagroup.uk
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 26th September 2021 at midnight
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 18th October 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (West Oxfordshire District Council, Cotswold District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.