Green Infrastructure Internship
- Location: Cirencester/Coleford - Remote working available
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Internship
- Closing Date: 23 May 2021
You will play a vital role in supporting our Councils’ response to the Ecological and Climate Emergencies. Working across The Forest of Dean, West Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds you will be drawing up new technical specifications for landscape, tree or ecological issues which will lead to the delivery of higher quality green infrastructure, as well as protecting our wildlife and increasing carbon sequestration.
About the role…
You will be developing technical specifications for green infrastructure (including biodiversity, landscape or trees) by;
- Assessing how our current planning conditions support high quality green infrastructure and biodiversity provision
- Working with colleagues to develop technical green infrastructure specifications that can be used as part of new planning conditions
- Ensuring that these specifications can be shared with stakeholders, such as planning applicants via our websites in a meaningful and engaging manner.
This is a new placement role covering the Cotswolds, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire – these areas are rich in wildlife and famed internationally for the quality of their landscapes.
You will need…
- To be working towards or achieved in the last 18 months a degree (at under- or post-graduate level) in a relevant environmental subject
- Knowledge and understanding of one of the key green infrastructure themes such as biodiversity, arboriculture, landscape or countryside management is essential
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sophia Price, Heritage and Design Manager at Sophia.Price@Publicagroup.uk
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623079/70
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.