- Location: West Oxfordshire
- Salary: £35,300 p.a.
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: 2 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 17 January 2021
Do you want to make a difference to our local communities as we recover from the pandemic?
We are searching for a dynamic Financial Modeller to assist in West Oxfordshire District Council’s Covid recovery plan by ensuring that all available external support is secured for our residents.
This is a new role to help identify, evaluate and prepare bids for external funding to enable the council to deliver additional services and initiatives over and above those funded by its budget. You will initiate bids or provide first review and challenge of proposals raised internally by officers across Publica, guiding the development of viable options through to submission. These funding bids could relate to any area of the Council’s priorities and will enable us to expand the help and support we give to people living in West Oxfordshire. This is a pivotal role in our recovery programme.
Who are we…
Four partner Councils (West Oxfordshire District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean District Council and Cotswold District Council) have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services.
This is a new role which will cover West Oxfordshire.
You will need…
- Extensive experience in investment appraisal and debt funding
- Confident communication, with both internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience of reporting to board level with strong presentation and report writing skills
- The ability to constructively challenge projected costs and income to ensure that the Council isn’t exposed to unnecessary risk
- Expertise in building complete and robust business cases that withstand scrutiny
- A qualification in your area of expertise, equivalent to a degree or experience of five years
- Use of a car for work purposes
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Elizabeth Griffiths, Chief Finance Officer on Elizabeth.Griffiths@publicagroup.uk or 01993 861188.
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 17th January 2021 @ midnight
Interview Date: TBA
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.