Door to Door Canvassers - Environmental Services
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: up to £17,316 pro rata
- Hours: 25
- Contract Type: Agency
- Closing Date: 30 July 2019
- Interview Date: 30 July 2019
Working with the Collection Crews to identify set out rates of food waste and recycling bins.
- Undertaking a ‘bin flip’ exercise to identify unwanted items in the Recycling containers.
- Recording information either on paper log sheets or within an MS Excel file using a handheld tablet (provided) and submitting this to the works manager on a daily basis.
- Carry out door-to-door canvassing activities in a defined area within the District, engaging the public through direct interaction, raising awareness of the recycling service and motivating customers to participate in the scheme.
- Distribute printed literature in support of door-to-door canvassing activities.
- Monitor performance and customer satisfaction using a variety of techniques including participation monitoring and face-to-face surveys.
- Feedback issues raised by customers to the Recycling Team.
- Comply with all legislative requirements including health, safety and welfare, ensuring good practice and standards at all times.
- Carry out other associated duties, as may be detailed by the Environmental Services Manager
- Good basic education to GCSE or equivalent.
- Experience of working with the public including face to face contact.
- Experience of data collection.
- A broad understanding and interest in waste management and recycling.
- Familiarity with MS Word & MS Excel, MS Access.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use a mobile/smart phone.
- Meticulous approach to data collection.
- Ability to organise and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Ability to identify and pass on relevant information.
- Dealing with the public and conflict situations.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the role.
- Articulate and confident when dealing with members of the public.
- Ability to work without supervision and at times alone
- Flexible (in terms of working hours and tasks)
- Physically able to stand all day and walk distances of up to 10 miles a day, every day.
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Qualifications or training in recycling, environmental, issues or marketing and promotion.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience in a customer relations environment, promotional work, or environmental initiatives including recycling.
- Experience of cold calling.
- Data entry and analysis, customer surveys, promotional work, knowledge of environmental issues.
- Knowledge of survey and interview techniques.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Nasreen Ullah on 01993 861337, or email Nasreen.email@example.com