Domestic Abuse and Rough Sleeping Specialist
- Location: Witney
- Salary: £31,539 - £33,280
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (18 months)
- Closing Date: 19 January 2022
- Interview Date: 28 January 2022
Domestic Abuse and Rough Sleeping Specialist
£31,539 - £33,280 37 Hours per week
Fixed Term (18 month contract)
Vacancy Number PUB194
Do you have experience in Housing Legislation and Domestic Abuse?
We have an exciting opportunity where you will apply your extensive experience to provide technical expertise, advice and direction to internal and external partners relating to Domestic Abuse and Rough Sleeping initiatives and represent the West Oxfordshire Housing Teams at all related countywide meetings.
About the role….
This position will lead on the implementation of the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 and ensure that all new Housing duties are met in full in West Oxfordshire District Council. You will also lead on Rough Sleeping interventions in West Oxfordshire ensuring that the Target Priority Cohort have access to the relevant services and Housing options.
You will apply a high level of expert knowledge within Housing and related legislation and the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 and manage sensitive, open ended and complex casework or project based work by holding a caseload of clients.
If you have excellent communication skills are self-motivated, customer focused and work well with others, whilst exercising absolute integrity and respect in all confidential matters then we would love to hear from you.
This is a role covering West Oxfordshire. Within the District, there are plenty of places to see and visit whether you love hiking or cycling. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- Extensive experience of Housing Legislation, Domestic Abuse and supporting complex individuals in maintaining a tenancy, minimum of which should be 5 years in a Housing and Homelessness specific role or related services dealing with individuals with Complex Needs
- Extensive experience of a Champion role working with clients who have suffered from Domestic Abuse
- Extensive knowledge of related Multiagency working such as MARAC/MAPPA/Adult Homelessness Pathways
- Extensive experience in managing a caseload of Complex clients
- Extensive experience in applying Housing and Homelessness Legislation to client homelessness applications
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- You will be expected to work reasonable additional hours in line with the needs of the service
- Ability to travel
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
Terms and conditions apply
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Caroline Clissold on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.