Disabled Facilities Grant Officer
- Location: Coleford (remote working available)
- Salary: £26,709 - £29,567 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 01 August 2021
- Interview Date: 09 August 2021
An exciting time to join Forest of Dean District Council!
Our district is already a special place. We are looking for candidates that will help us improve it, making it an even better place to live, learn, do business and enjoy. To do this successfully, we need to remember its rich cultural and economic heritage and to build on the area as an aspirational place with a reputation for nurturing amazing people. We want the Forest of Dean district to be a place where residents have a fantastic work-life balance and feel secure in their communities – creating a draw for industry to nestle amongst the wild spaces. A modern, connected Forest with deep roots. So join us to celebrate this wonderful area; its towns, its communities, and help them thrive, by delivering good quality well paid jobs, enhancing our education provision, improving housing options and the social mobility of our young people
About the role…
This is an exciting opportunity for a Disabled Facilities Grant Officer to join our team in Coleford. You will be responsible for providing a full administrative service to deliver the Disabled Facility Grant in its entirety, ensuring the service is appropriate for individual needs and the relevant support is offered to customers, governed by the Grant Law.
The role will include working closely with vulnerable homeowners to carry out essential adaptations to their homes with Occupational Therapists and Agents. You will be responsible for managing the budget and liaising with contractors.
You will also handle referrals and enquiries from customers or professional contacts, checking the Occupational Therapist referral is acceptable and liaise with all internal and external agencies.
If you are looking for a rewarding role assisting vulnerable people within the community and have knowledge of the Forest of Dean District then we would love to hear from you!
This role will cover the Forest of Dean. Within the District, there are plenty of places to see and visit whether you love hiking or cycling. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- A minimum qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 or A level or three years relevant experience
- At least two years office experience
- Ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
- Competent in using a range of technology and software packages, including Microsoft and Google
- Ability to travel
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Paula Massey on 01594 812389 or email email@example.com
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 1st August 2021 at midnight
Interview Date: Monday 9th August 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (Forest of Dean District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Cotswold District Council, and Cheltenham Borough Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.