Customer Service Apprentice
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: £145 per week with an increase to £228 per week after successful six month probation
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: 2 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 30 September 2019
About the role…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a Local Government organisation with a twist! We are looking for 8 Customer Services Apprentices to join our organisation. This is a unique opportunity to start your career in an organisation that provides services on behalf of a group of local Councils.
The Customer Service team provides a vital support service to local residents. As part of the team you will provide general administration support to the department and call centre.
You will work towards a Customer Service Practitioner Standard level 2 qualification to support your development in this job role. There will be the opportunity to attend training at Cirencester College to enhance your Apprenticeship experience as well as on the job training.
You will need…
- GCSE Level 9 - 4 (formerly A* to C) Maths and English – Predicted grades are acceptable while awaiting 2019 results
- Commitment to attain the Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Experience of working in a team. This could be within any environment (e.g. home / work / education / social)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Communicates effectively and confidently
- Good basic level of IT and keyboard skills with a confident attitude to learn new systems
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Helen Gaukroger on email@example.com or phone 01285 623544 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please apply through Cirencester College website by clicking here https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-453930 or alternatively send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.