Cotswold Affordable Housing Programme Manager
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £38,100 per annum
- Hours: 37 per week
- Contract Type: 2 Years fixed term Contract
- Closing Date: 07 January 2021
About the role…
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of local people? We are at the centre of a housing affordability crisis. The gap between earnings and house prices is one of the highest in the country, and there is a shortage of good quality, genuinely affordable housing to rent. Many people struggle to find and afford suitable accommodation in the Cotswolds, and many young people are forced to leave the area they’ve grown up in because they can’t afford to live here.
We are determined to address this by providing good quality affordable housing, with an emphasis on social rented housing, using a variety of delivery methods and innovative schemes.
Your role will be to lead the delivery of social rented and affordable rented homes to enable local people to stay local. You will maximise the opportunities presented by our own assets as well as working with developers and partners to progress affordable housing developments within the district.
It all starts with a home.
You will need…
- Tenacity and determination to deliver housing schemes, overcoming constraints and driving delivery.
- An in-depth understanding of housing delivery models
- Ability to deliver a programme of complex housing construction projects
- Strong communication and organisational skills to achieve rapid delivery in partnership with others.
- Excellent negotiation skills to unlock sites with potential to bring forward additional housing units
- Innovation and creative skills to ensure opportunities to deliver against the Council’s Climate agenda and Financial Strategy are maximised.
- To be successful in securing inward investment to increase the number and standard of housing units that can be delivered
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Accredited users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.