Community Builder x 2 (Cotswolds)
- Location: Cotswolds
- Salary: £18,805-£21,180 per annum pro rata
- Hours: 28 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent Contract
- Closing Date: 13 June 2021
- Interview Date: 22 June 2021
Do you have experience in community wellbeing and engagement?
Cotswold District is a great place to live, work and visit, and we are rightly proud of our businesses, communities and residents. We are busy recreating a council that’s pro-active and responsive to the needs of our residents and businesses in a fast changing environment. That means we need to be ‘fleet of foot’ and look for innovative and creative ways to deliver against our Corporate Plan priorities.
About the role…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Builder to take an asset-based community development approach to support residents to grow in confidence, enabling them to feel empowered and more connected to their local community.
The key areas of your role will be to research and establish a deep understanding of the area, working with local residents and organisations to identify community assets and strengths. You will support residents to make ‘connections’ in the community. Connecting people who want to take action through conversation and story sharing and to provide support, whilst ‘stepping back’ to ensure that local groups and activities are established and sustained.
Relationship building is essential for this role as you will encourage a more supportive, inclusive and welcoming society by identifying and building upon a community’s existing strengths and energies (its assets), to help communities become stronger and more resilient.
Your input will contribute to achieving the Councils’ corporate visions and priorities by enabling and supporting opportunities for local communities to achieve the best possible outcomes of the district being a great place to live, learn, do business and enjoy.
This is a new role covering the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
As part of a friendly and dynamic team you will be able to shape this new varied role to make a real difference. You’ll be out and about in our communities to meet residents that are buzzing with ideas and you can help them shape their local area and build on all the positives that came out of this pandemic.
You will need…
- A minimum of 5 qualifications equivalent to NVQ level 2 or GCSE at Grade C/4 or above, must include Maths and English
- Two years’ experience in a community wellbeing and/or engagement field of work
- A clear understanding of asset based community development
- Experience in ‘Active Listening’ and engaging people from different backgrounds
- Knowledge of the local area, ideally living in the Cotswolds
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including motivation, negotiation, persuasion, diplomacy and reassurance
- As this role may take you across the district you will need the ability to travel and have access to a car
- DBS check, which will be carried out by Publica in the pre-employment checks
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Jacqueline Wright on 01285 623617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 13th June 2021@ midnight
Interview Date: Tuesday 22nd June 2021 via video conference
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (Cotswold District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.