Community Alarm - Service Support Assistant
- Location: Coleford
- Salary: £18,473 - £21,378 per annum pro rota
- Hours: 8
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 26 September 2021
- Interview Date: 06 October 2021
Community Alarm - Service Support Assistant
Salary £18,473 - £21,378 per annum pro rota, 8 Hours per week
Vacancy Number: PUB156
About the role…
We are looking for a Community Alarm – Service Support Assistant to join our team. You will be required to assist the Community Alarm Team (Forest Linkline and Cotswold Careline) make a real and lasting difference to some of the more vulnerable residents within our communities specifically:
- High quality refurbishment of alarms and associated equipment
- Recording and maintaining stock details
- Making up ‘Welcome Pack’ literature
- Helping to move paper filing to a shared online system
- Ongoing record maintenance
You will need to be flexible, organised, confidential, hardworking and self-motivated. This role will enable you to contribute positively to the success of the business for the benefit of our clients.
If you feel this role is for you then we would love to hear from you!
This is a new role covering the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- Qualifications equivalent to NVQ level 1 or GCSE in Maths and English
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Natural and engaging style of communication
- Ability to apply good judgment and query issues where appropriate
- Proactive and self-motivated
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Paula Massey on 01594 812389 or by email at Paula.Massey@publicagroup.uk
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021 at midnight
Interview date: Wednesday 6th October and Thursday 7th October 2021
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.