Business Administration Trainee
- Location: Cirencester/Witney/Coleford
- Salary: up to £8.91 per hour dependant on age
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - 24 months
- Closing Date: 18 January 2022
- Interview Date: 24 January 2022
About the role…
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn whilst you learn and gain a Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3. You will provide vital support across a range of services within our front facing teams – anything from Customer Service to Planning. You will be responsible for handling a range of day-to-day tasks and providing administration support to our departments.
Gaining such a qualification allows you to climb the career ladder and progress and develop your skills within business. This is an excellent apprenticeship to obtain giving you plenty of career options in the future whilst learning various skills in the process.
This training will be delivered in partnership with Cirencester College and/or Gloucester College as well as through on the job learning activities and role responsibilities. You will be given plenty of time and support to attend necessary training with someone always on hand to help you if you need it.
If you are looking for a career that has potential and growth and want to learn some essential business skills then look no further, Publica is the place for you.
Hear from one of our current apprentices…
“I have really enjoyed doing my apprenticeship; I have learnt lots of new skills and met some amazing people. I have had the chance to work with various departments such as revenues and benefits, licensing, and parking, assisting with admin tasks. This gave me a chance to gain insight on what different departments do; this has helped me to discover what I really enjoy.” – Grace, Former Apprentice
You will need…
- GCSE Level 9 - 4 (formerly A* to C) Maths and English
- Commitment to attain the Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Experience of working in a team. This could be within any environment (e.g. home / work / education / social)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Communicates effectively and confidently
- Good basic level of IT and keyboard skills with a confident attitude to learn new systems
- Genuine desire to help people and an interest in customer service
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered.
To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
Terms and conditions apply
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Jessica Hollister at Jessica.Hollister@publicagroup.uk or phone 01285 623620 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Closing date for CV’s: 18th January 2022
Interview date: week commencing 24th January 2022
Previous applicants need not apply.
If you feel this is the role for you please apply through Cirencester College website or alternatively send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.