Asset Management Officer
- Location: Coleford
- Salary: £29,084 - £30,318, pro rata
- Hours: 21
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 05 October 2021
- Interview Date: 13 October 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist the Property & Estates team in providing land management, property maintenance & facilities support for the Council’s joint property and estates portfolio. If you have excellent communication skills, are able to meet tight deadlines and are self-motivated then we would love to hear from you.
About the role…
We are looking for an Asset Management Officer to help oversee the day to day estates, property, operational and facilities management of the Council’s land and property portfolio.
Your role will involve undertaking site visits to record and manage both responsive and planned work requirements. You will obtain quotes, supervise work and ensure it is carried out as efficiently as possible and in line with all policies and within agreed budgets.
You will use your communication and negotiation skills to liaise with staff and tenants concerning maintenance of properties and dealing professionally with their requests and concerns as well as meeting contractors.
You will need…
- Educated to A-level or equivalent standard and entry level qualification and/or 3 years’ relevant experience in property maintenance, facilities management or building services
- Ability to build customer relationships
- Knowledge and experience in assessing complex situations and carrying out inspections if and when required
- Knowledge and understanding of the management of health and safety in particular relating to the management of works & contractors working in a public building environment.
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
- Ability to travel
- You will be expected to work reasonable additional hours in line with the needs of the service
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
To apply for this role and for more information about Job Description/Person Specification please visit our website at: https://www.publicagroup.uk/careers/vacancies/assets-support-officer/
Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.