Tourism Development Officer
- Location: West Oxfordshire
- Salary: Up to £31,995 per annum, based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 28 February 2018
- Interview Date: 09 March 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Tourism Development Officer. We’re looking for a real all-rounder: someone to help us market the area, to help look after and improve our website, social media channels and printed materials, to build relationships with local towns and businesses, and to initiate and develop new projects that will help local tourism thrive.
- Help implement our tourism objectives
- Undertake and lead on a number of development projects
- Investigate innovative and practical proposals for promoting sustainable tourism
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the tourism website and social media channels
- To develop good working relationships with external organisations, partners and businesses
- To act as tourism representative at meetings with partnership agencies and tourism businesses
- To liaise with the area’s Visitor Information Centres
- To be involved in all aspects of the production of promotional material and activities
- Educated to a minimum of A level or equivalent
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Proven experience working in a tourism related business or organisation
- Experience of working with social media
- Good IT skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage workloads
- Ability to solve problems
- Willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Experience of working with Destination Management Systems
- Experience in tourism marketing
- A tourism related or marketing qualification eg Digital Marketing Diploma
- Familiarity with basic financial procedures eg raising invoices and purchase orders
- Familiarity with the Cotswolds in general and West Oxfordshire in particular
The successful applicant will join a small and busy team. They’ll need to be equally happy working on their own and with others, able to build successful relationships with a wide variety of businesses and organisations. Above all the successful applicant needs to be adaptable, at ease with websites and social media and with face to face meetings.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.