Technical Support Officer
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £17,770 per annum, based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 18 February 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a Technical Support Officer to join our Development Management Team. You will provide a range of support to the Planning officers who deal with planning applications for development proposals throughout the Forest of Dean.
- To provide general and technical information and advice on queries with regard to planning matters and support for the professional staff. Advise members of the public and consultees how to navigate and access information on the Council’s web site and the planning portal.
- To review constraints information to establish the appropriate consultees are requested for consultation.
- Prepare and input data on the Council’s Planning Applications Systems (CAPS) & (IDOX) and prepare statistics for Government returns.
- Issue acknowledgements for all incoming Planning Applications, including the scanning and publishing of this information.
- Issue Decision Notices, Newspaper Advertisements, Committee Schedule and Sites Inspection Panel.
- To be responsible for downloading and printing plans and information received via the Internet, as well as copying and filing application information.
- Deal with requests for background papers, solicitor’s requests and initial research enquires.
- Deal with enquiries concerning the Councils web site as well as information available through the website. Responsible for administering changes to the planning pages of the web site.
- Answer general planning enquiries by telephone, email and letter.
- Carry out neighbour consultation process when required.
- At least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English to level C or above, or equivalent
- ICT and keyboard skills at the equivalent level of NVQ Level 2
- Proven experience dealing with the public
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Planning technical qualification or equivalent experience?
- Experience of working in a planning office
- Ability to use GIS Spatial Mapping
- Ability to interpret plan based information and measure drawings
The Planning service is a key function of the council. If you would enjoy being part of our friendly and committed customer focused team this may be the role for you.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.