- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £23,228 per annum, based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 25 February 2018
Are you looking for a challenging exciting opportunity to gain experience and develop a career in planning? Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping our planning service for the future? Then come and join Publica a new ground breaking partnership of four councils working together to deliver great customer service and to shape the District in the 21st century
- Provide technical and administrative support to officers (Planning, Conservation, Enforcement, and Tree Officers)
- Register and process planning applications and notices
- Process planning appeals and provide support at Public Inquiries and Hearings
- Provide general, technical information and advice to the public
- Assist with implementation and enhancement of planning databases (to include data cleansing and product development)
- Supervise the service wide support team in their day to day duties
- This is a wide-ranging role and the post holder will be given the opportunity and training to expand the role and take on a case load of householder/minor planning applications
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Proven supervisory experience and dealing with professionals and the public
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent level of IT skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- A Town and Country planning qualification or relative experience
- Experience in working in Development Management
This is a great opportunity to come and develop skills in those areas where you have not yet had direct experience and further develop your career to assist in the provision of an efficient, effective planning service.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.