- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £29,323 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 28 February 2018
- Interview Date: 23 March 2018
A new enthusiastic member of a small team preparing plans for the Forest of Dean is sought. The FoD provides the challenges you may expect (and some you may not) in an unrivalled environment. The duties will include contributing to the full range of plan making, providing supporting information and helping to implement important schemes. The post will suit new graduates or someone with experience.
- Helping to prepare plans, policies and supporting material
- Assisting with survey and evidence gathering
- Liaising with members of the public and professionals explaining issues or gathering material
- Support and provide information for other LA colleagues and planners
- Degree or equivalent in planning or a related subject or relevant experience and be working towards or have RTPI membership
- Experience or knowledge of planning policy and Local Plans
- Be familiar with GIS systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in dealing with members of the public at a professional and technical level
- able to work methodically as well as creatively either as part of a team or individually with relatively little supervision
- Experience of planning policy work in a local authority
- In depth knowledge and experience of GIS
- Specialist knowledge in one or more key areas (eg retail planning)
The Successful Applicant:
The successful applicant will join a small team, contributing to planning policy making and will be supported to help develop these skills. Opportunities for further experience will be available.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.