Parking Enforcement Officers
- Location: Based in Witney, covering the West Oxfordshire District
- Salary: Up to £17,775 per annum, based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04 February 2018
- Interview Date: 12 February 2018
Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated, enjoy working with people and being outside? You will be based in Witney covering the West Oxfordshire District. No previous experience required, all training will be provided.
Please state if you have a valid driving license in your covering letter with CV.
- To patrol, the streets and off-street car parks within the District that are subject to restrictions in accordance with the regulations. Maintaining accurate records of patrols and to issue penalty charge notices to contravening vehicles, using handheld computers, written notes and photographs.
- To advise and assist members of the public on parking procedures and general enquiries including giving directions
- To monitor, report and enforce any misuse of the disabled blue badge scheme
- Able to work a 2 week shift pattern; working 37 hours per week, by rota, including alternate Saturdays. And the additional hours, which are three Sundays per year, one Bank holiday per year and three evening shifts, all at enhanced rates.
- Ability to attend training to attain the relevant enforcement qualifications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work across the range of duties
- To be able to work outside in all weathers, (all weather uniform provided).
- Good time keeping
- Secondary school qualifications to include English and Maths
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills
- Must have current driving licence and the ability to meet travelling needs of the job
- Customer focused and the ability to deal with people
- Knowledge of parking regulations would be an advantage
- Experience in an enforcement role.
- Experience of working or volunteering in a customer focused environment
The successful applicant will need a positive attitude and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
To apply please email us your CV and tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK. Please note that this position requires Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.