Healthy Lifestyle Advisor/ Exercise Instructor
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £20,138 per annum, pro rata, based on skills and experience
- Hours: Up to 30 hours (Hours and working contract flexible – can consider freelance work)
- Contract Type: Fixed term - two year contract
- Closing Date: 18 February 2018
Experienced Exercise professional required to deliver community based specialist exercise provision within a well-established referral scheme. Supporting individuals through evidence based, specific exercise programmes, including Cardiac Rehab and Falls Prevention. You will provide one to one assessments and offer a holistic approach to improving the individuals overall wellbeing, within a small, dedicated team based in Coleford, Forest of Dean.
- Consultation with referred individuals to then prescribe exercise/ activity options
- Delivery of specialist Exercise Referral group sessions (Cardiac Rehab, Falls Prevention)
- Individual exercise programme prescription
- Record keeping and data input for evaluation purposes
- Person centred holistic support
- Reporting on individual and group progress using office applications
- Promotion and development of the scheme to the public/ other stakeholders
- Responsibility for health and safety at the community classes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Recognised level 3 personal trainer and Exercise Referral qualification
- Advanced Exercise Instructor Level 4 with condition specific qualifications – Cardiac Rehabilitation, Falls Prevention (PSI), Older adults - (at least one discipline as essential)
- Valid/Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Experience of community based exercise group delivery for special populations
- Experience in dealing with individuals with long term health conditions
- Experience of working in or in partnership with an Exercise referral scheme
- Experience of behaviour change techniques and motivational interviewing
- Works well in a team but can lone work at community venues
- Ability to assist other team members and recommend service improvements
- Knowledge of evaluating exercise referral schemes
- Presentation skills
- Liaising directly with health professionals
- Experience of working with Microsoft office systems
We are looking for a caring, motivated exercise professional with a high level of competence and recognised qualifications in delivering exercise for referred individuals. You will need to be passionate about health and exercise and want to make a real difference to individuals and the local district in terms of health improvement. It is essential that you have Cardiac rehab and/or Falls Prevention as well as Exercise referral qualifications and relevant group exercise experience.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.