- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £32,770 per annum
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 05 February 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a Planning Case Officer to help process planning applications. The role will include dealing with applications primarily falling within the categories of minor and other applications, pre-application enquiries and giving advice to customers.
- To work in partnership with customers, Consultees and Council Members to ensure applications are in a condition to enable full and proper consideration/determination
- To process, consider and negotiate on all applications in a timely manner
- To prepare decision notices and where necessary make recommendations and present reports to Committee meetings
- To prepare written evidence for planning and enforcement appeals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
- High level of IT skills - MS Office/CAPS Uniform System
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to make sound judgements
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Use of a car or other means of transport for business purposes when necessary
- Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent
- Corporate Membership of the RTPI
- Proven relevant experience of working in Town and Country Planning
- Experience of preparation and presentation of planning reports
- Experience of working within a customer orientated service
A great opportunity for a dynamic adaptable and enthusiastic ‘team player’
To apply please email us your CV and tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
Previous applicants need not apply but will be taken in to consideration.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.