Building Maintenance Surveyor
- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £35,673 based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04 February 2018
- Interview Date: 12 February 2018
Publica has entered into contracts with Cotswold District Council, Forest of Dean District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council to maintain those Councils’ property portfolios and is seeking to recruit a Building Maintenance Surveyor
The Property Services Team is looking to recruit a focused and enthusiastic Building Maintenance Surveyor to join our team, suitably qualified, with either MRICS, or MCIOB being desirable. Excellent personal qualities are important as this is a diverse consumer facing role. We are looking for somebody with proven experience in surveying buildings for defects and deterioration, building pathology and legislation.
* Whilst based in Cirencester, the job holder will be required to carry out regular site visits to both land and property throughout the three Councils’ portfolios.
- To lead and be responsible for the surveying and inspection of all buildings within each Council’s property portfolio and the implementation of a pre-planned Maintenance programme in conjunction with both the Property & Facilities Manager, the Building Services Officer, Estates Officers and relevant consultants as required.
- To formulate and have responsibility for assigned elements of the Team’s maintenance budget and monitoring of expenditure. To have day to day operational responsibility for the building structural and fabric elements while reporting to the Property & Facilities Manager as required. To deputise for the Property & Facilities Manager in their absence as required
- To carry out and assist with procurement of consultants, contactors, works and services
- To work closely with the Estates Team to ensure each Council’s Investment Portfolio is maintained, necessary condition reports and programme of works identified and work carried out in line with lease requirements and each Council’s responsibilities.
- To manage and undertake the carrying out of property landlord and boundary inspections as and when required in conjunction with the Estates Team
- Working closely with the Estates Team to establish and maintain schedules for routine inspections of all buildings within each Council’s property portfolios and to produce subsequent costed condition reports
- To manage and deliver further revenue, capital programme and insurance requirements for improvement and refurbishment schemes relating to the structure and fabric of each Council’s public buildings.
- To support the Technical Support Officer with ensuring all building and grounds responsive maintenance obligations are carried out, so as to minimise the impact of any disruptions to each Council’s services and public and commercial organisations with an interest in that Council’s buildings.
- To support and provide advice when required to officers within the Property Maintenance Team with reactive and planned maintenance and service work
- To adhere to and seek advice from Publica’s Health and Safety Officers and the Building Services Officer when required with all Health & Safety requirements
- To maintain an awareness of current legislation and evolving technology relating to the main purpose of the post and implement required changes
- Educated to degree, HND level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Proven post qualification experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of Building Surveying and Facilities Management
- Experience of procurement processes and contracts such as JCT
- Experience of working with IT systems
- Experience of managing and supervising consultants/ contractors/ developers
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written with colleagues, residents, service providers, contractors, consultant and other stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Driving licence as the job holder will be required to carry out extensive site visits across a diverse portfolio
- To have a flexible working approach to both duties and hours of work.
- Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional body such as RICS / CIOB
We are looking for a strong team member and assertive and excellent communicator, who when working with contractors, staff and our Tenants and stakeholders, will deliver a professional and effective service.
To apply please email us your CV and tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above.
It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.