- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £17,770 per annum based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 18 February 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit an Appeals Technician to join our Development Management Team. You will provide a range of support to the Planning officers who deal with planning appeals for development proposals throughout the Forest of Dean.
- To provide administrative support to the Appeals and Enforcement team, managing the arrangements for the submission of planning appeals including notifying interested parties, booking inquiry dates and submission of statements of evidence.
- Manage and monitor Section 106 legal agreements in liaison with other departments.
- To provide administrative support to the Enforcement officers in accordance with the Council’s Enforcement Plan.
- Responsible for completing planning searches for Land Charges.
- To supply statistical analysis to enable officers to produce performance reports and make returns to the government.
- Assisting in other Development Management functions.
- At least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English to level C or equivalent
- ICT and keyboard skills at the equivalent level of NVQ Level 2
- Proven experience dealing with the public
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Planning technical qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a planning office
- Ability to use GIS spatial mapping
- Ability to interpret plan based information and measure drawings
The Planning service is a key function of the council. If you would enjoy being part of our friendly and committed customer focused team this may be the role for you.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.