Accounts Payable Officer
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean District Council
- Salary: Up to £18,397 per annum, pro rata, depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 18.5
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 19 February 2018
- Interview Date: 28 February 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a part-time accounts payable officer whose duties will include processing invoices, payments to suppliers and dealing with supplier enquiries on a daily basis.
- Supplier/Internal Customer liaison and support
- Completing Payment runs
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and emails
- Assist with telephone enquiries
- Scanning / filing / archiving of creditors information
- Production and checking of data
- Carry out general office duties as required
- GCSE’s (5 A-C grades including Maths and English) or equivalent
- Experience in an office environment/similar related role
- Good level of IT skills – MS Office
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Customer focused, responsive and co-operative with customers
- Ability to record and deal with data accurately and effectively
- Works speedily and accurately with the input of data
- Proactive/Self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with data protection
- A level NVQ3, or BTEC qualification (or relevant experience will considered as an alternative)
- Experience of working with a computerised Financial Management system
We are looking for an enthusiastic positive team player with a high level of IT skills including experience of working with financial systems, spread sheets and email. You must be organised, accurate and able to take a flexible approach to your work. Good communication skills and the ability to manage competing priorities are essential for this role.
- To apply for this vacancy please email us your CV and tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- This position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.