Social Prescribing Facilitator – Community Wellbeing Service
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £20,138 per annum pro rata, based on skills and experience
- Hours: 15 (Worked over 2-3 days)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - 2 Years
- Closing Date: 03 April 2018
- Interview Date: 11 April 2018
Would you like to make a real difference to the health and well-being of local people?
If this is you, we would love to hear from you and see how you can help us deliver the Community Wellbeing Service in the Forest of Dean district. The service works with health and social care staff and voluntary and community sector services to improve the overall wellbeing of individuals and increase community capacity and resilience in the area.
Publica is seeking to recruit an experienced community worker, who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and a committed individual. You will be passionate about supporting individuals to improve their wellbeing. You will be required to work with the person (and their family or carer where appropriate) and voluntary sector providers to identify suitable services, beyond statutory health and social care services, either through direct referral or signposting.
You will be working in a small team, where the post has been made possible by partnership funding. The main purpose of the role is to work with individuals referred to the service by health and social care staff and connect them to local support to improve wellbeing and reduce social isolation.
You will need to have a full valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle as you will be expected to travel between GP practices and community venues in the Forest of Dean locality. Please note the role will have a particular focus on the north of the district, working with Corse and Staunton and Newent GP practices but may also require some flexible working around the district.
- Consultation with referred individuals to then signpost and connect to local support/ activities
- Work with community partners to promote activities and build community capacity
- Provide support to individuals to enable them to help themselves and improve their overall wellbeing and ability to self-care
- Record keeping and data input for evaluation purposes
- Person centred holistic support
- Experience of working directly in an adult health and social care, public health, or community development context
- Experience of working within or with the voluntary and community sector in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of building relationships and working in partnership with a variety of organisations and individuals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good general education (equivalent to NVQ level 3) and experience of behaviour change techniques, including motivational interviewing
- Knowledge and ability to utilise IT systems including word-processing skills, email, Internet use.
- Knowledge of voluntary and community services in the Forest of Dean and/or how to find out about local services and how to support people to access them
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation and data collection
- Some knowledge of health promotion and self-care principles
- Knowledge of the wider determinants of health, including social, economic and environmental factors
- Understanding of issues around mild to moderate mental health needs
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service(DBS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.