- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £37,953 per annum pro rata based on skills and experience
- Hours: 22.2
- Contract Type: Maternity Cover - 12 months
- Closing Date: 11 March 2018
- Interview Date: 23 March 2018
We provide Environmental Health related services across Cotswold, West Oxfordshire and Forest of Dean Districts. This post will allow you to gain a wide range of experience in private sector housing, environmental protection and enviro-crime work.
- To be a Senior Officer in one of the environmental service functions working under the general direction of a Service Leader and to exercise all powers and duties imposed by statute or delegated.
- Plan, organise and monitor workloads to ensure agreed levels of service and performance targets are achieved.
- To deliver and take responsibility for tasks with high risk and complexity within the service area.
- Be proactive in solving problems, managing risk and issues effectively.
- To lead investigations and enforcement action, including the service of notices, compilation of prosecution files and giving evidence in court, where necessary.
- Ensure that outputs, including data recording, reports, written correspondence and verbal advice accord with the service’s quality standards and procedures.
- Identify and plan for your own professional development.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work; and co-operate with the Council so far as is necessary to enable the Council to perform or comply with its duties under any statutory health and safety provisions.
- Undertake any other duties that can be accommodated within the grading of the post as delegated by your line manager.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge and experience of this environmental service function(s)
- Ability to work without supervision and to cope with competing demands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work remotely using supplied ICT
- Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers’ Registration Board (EHRB)
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Post graduate qualification
- Experience of complex projects
- Substantial experience of leading enforcement activity
- Knowledge or experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft Office
- Previous use of an environmental service data management system such as Uniform
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with a track record of excellence in service delivery. You will carry out a wide range of duties whilst supporting other team members in their routine work and providing technical supervision as necessary. You will be based in one centre but prepared to work across all districts making full use of our remote working facilities.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.