Senior Officer – Private Water Supplies
- Location: Cirencester/West Oxfordshire/Forest of Dean
- Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum pro rata, depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 22.2
- Contract Type: Maternity Cover – 12 Months
- Closing Date: 26 April 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a part time Senior Officer Maternity Cover to join our Technical Pollution Services Team. Whilst the role is based at a specified site, Publica delivers services on behalf of multiple organisations. Accordingly, when necessary and appropriate, the post-holder will be required to travel.
- Supporting the Lead Officer (Private Water Supplies)
- Client Liaison
- Assisting report submissions and collation of management information
- Deal with technical customer enquiries
- Relevant Degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge and experience of this environmental service function(s)
- Ability to work without supervision and to cope with competing demands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft Office
- Hold a full valid driving licence and be able to travel to meet business needs where necessary
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Post graduate qualification
- Experience of complex projects
- Experience leading enforcement activity
- Knowledge or experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Previous use of an environmental service data management system such as Uniform
- Ability to work remotely using supplied ICT
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with a track record of excellence in service delivery. You will carry out a wide range of duties whilst supporting other team members in their routine work and providing technical supervision as necessary. You will be based in one centre but prepared to work across all districts making full use of our remote working facilities. You will be required to take delivery and responsibility for tasks with high risk and complexity within the service area. To achieve this you must be proactive in problem-solving with the ability to manage risks and issues effectively. You will be required to ensure that outputs, including data recording, and reports are produced as necessary in accordance with the Service’s quality standards and procedures.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.