- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £29,323 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 hours with full or part-time considered
- Contract Type: Maternity Cover – 12 Months
- Closing Date: 04 May 2018
- Interview Date: 18 May 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a Regeneration Officer to support the delivery of strategic regeneration priorities, programmes and projects in the Forest of Dean on behalf of the District Council and other partners. The role must ensure the programmes deliver the expected outcomes and benefits to Forest residents, stakeholders and the wider community.
At Publica we want to deliver local services of the highest possible standard. We are aiming to create a reputation for service that is second to none, and the role above presents an excellent opportunity to help transform our services and reach that goal.
- To play a key role in the design and delivery of regeneration projects within agreed deadlines and costs, to achieve the aims of regeneration plans and proposals in the Forest.
- To project manage the delivery of regeneration projects from initiation to completion stage. This involves the procurement and management of external consultants/contractors in the delivery of these projects.
- To secure new funding through researching and submitting funding bids & applications on behalf of the service.
- To play a lead role in stakeholder & partner engagement and consultation to ensure commitment to delivering the aims of each project. In addition, leading and co-ordinating community consultations and communication activity.
- Responsible for reporting on project activity for project and programme boards, and preparing updates that can be understood by a range of audiences.
- To play a key role in the delivery, co-ordination and monitoring of project plans and proposals. Including the monitoring and maintenance of baseline data.
- To work with multi-disciplinary teams including monitoring, reviewing and prioritising actions.
- To comply with Publica’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties, that may reasonably be required in relation to a post of this nature.
- Educated to GCSE & A Level standard or equivalent
- Project Management Qualification
- Proven experience in a related field
- Experience of working in a regeneration, planning or economic development setting
- Experience of working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and partnership
- Project development and management experience
- Marketing and promotion experience
- Ability to communicate effectively having a high standard of written work and verbal skills
- Experience and confidence in using a variety of ICT applications including geographical mapping systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills and good record keeper/data management
- Knowledge of EU, UK Government and other external funding regimes
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualification
- Local Government/public sector experience
- Experience of working in a politically charged environment
- Awareness of key issues facing local government and key external partners/stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be expected to contribute positively to project delivery from day one. The right candidate for the role will have a sound knowledge of project management, excellent organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences. The candidate will also need to show a willingness to work flexibly, including outside normal office hours to attend meeting and events. Support will be given to the candidate to familarise them with the key tasks of the role.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.