Private Rented Sector Officer
- Location: Cirencester/West Oxfordshire/Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £27,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract – 2 Years
- Closing Date: 27 April 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a Private Rented Sector professional who can help maximise the opportunities available to the Publica Housing Service in terms of the availability of accommodation. The post holder will be required to design and implement a Private Sector Placement Policy whilst working with landlords to ensure there is adequate property available to discharge our duty within the private rented sector.
Reporting directly to the Housing Property Manager you will:-
- Be involved in the preparation and the implementation of a private Sector Placement Policy
- Source accommodation for rental over three district authorities whilst using incentives to ensure that the proposals with landlords are attractive and provide a longer term solution
- Build relationships throughout the three district authorities with landlords
- Set up focus groups, workshops and engagement sessions to promote the concept of ‘working with the council(s)’
- Working with existing landlords and letting agents within each district for long term solutions and ensuring that the experience they have is a positive one. This role requires the officer to take responsibility for positive engagement.
- Liaising with the Housing Property Manager who will be working with Long Term Empty property owners to ensure such properties are brought back into use and then working with the owners/landlords to provide the long term solutions to the private sector issues across the three district authorities
- To work closely with internal partners to agree appropriate actions and initiatives
- Review the Deposit Guarantee Schemes and Rent in Advance Schemes in partnership with the Client Support Team implementing where appropriate at our partner sites where this is not currently offered
- Keeping abreast of changes to the Welfare Benefit scheme and how it will impact on our customers
- Building a network/directory of landlords, estate agents etc to ensure continuous engagement at all times
- To manage the budget provision for each Council to fund provision (loan) of cash deposits, fees and payments of rent in advance; as well as payments to help households make their new accommodation liveable whilst securing repayment and recycling of these `loans’ to ensure that the Councils maximise the value of this budget
- Work with the Housing Property Manager to ensure that this role is commercially viable to maintain after two years
- Work with the Housing Property Manager to create a Private Landlord forum across each district
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Extensive and proven knowledge of Welfare Benefits, Housing and Homelessness Legislation, including the principals of the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Experience of work planning and meeting deadlines
- Experience of decision making with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Excellent IT, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and with a range of partner agencies
- Ability to take responsibility with minimum management intervention on a day to day basis
- Ability to record and deal with data accurately and effectively
- Hold a full UK driving licence and be able to travel to meet business needs where necessary
- Experience of managing projects
- Professional qualification in Housing, Property Management or Revenues and Benefits
The Publica (Revenues and Housing Support Service) partnership is wholly focused on the prevention of homelessness. However, we accept that there will always be cases where clients cannot retain their accommodation. We are therefore looking for an individual who can support the Housing Property Manager open up a wide range of property opportunities for us. A self-motivated and inventive individual who can help us achieve our vision of empowering customers to transform their lives and achieve independence.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service(DBS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.