Planning Officer - Policy (2 Posts)
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: Up to circa £33,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 *
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22 April 2018
- Interview Date: 02 May 2018
Looking for an exciting opportunity to gain experience and develop a career in planning policy, or do you already have experience and are hoping to progress your career? Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of West Oxfordshire? Do you want to help affect how people live in a positive way, supporting new jobs and homes whilst protecting the environment?
If so, Publica is seeking to fill two exciting opportunities that have arisen to work in a supportive and high performing team planning the future of a beautiful part of the country.
* Applications for part-time work and job share are welcome
- Contribute to the preparation of new Development Plan Documents, as set out in the Local Development Scheme, and preparation of new supplementary planning documents
- Conduct background research in the preparation of planning policy documents, including surveys, data collection and analysis, and prepare reports, using IT skills for data analysis and mapping.
- Progress the review and monitoring of the Council’s planning policies
- Contribute towards development of and participation in community involvement in policy making
- Work with partners to update the Infrastructure Delivery Plan and assist with the implementation of Local Transport Strategies
- A relevant degree or diploma in planning or an allied discipline
- Good knowledge of the planning system in general and the development plan system in particular
- Computer literate – competent in Microsoft Office applications to intermediate level, including Word, Excel and Access, and presenting material in a map based as well as graphic form
- RTPI Member or similar
- Experience of working within a planning policy team and of preparation of policy documents
- Experience in undertaking public consultation exercises and involvement in stakeholder meetings
The successful applicants will be expected to have strong team working and written/verbal communication skills. Mentoring and support will be given to the candidates with the right attitude and skills but who may need to gain experience. You will need to travel around the District and have access to a car; applications for part-time work and job share are welcome.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.