Planning Enforcement Assistant
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to £22,660 per annum based on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - 6 Months
- Closing Date: 13 April 2018
- Interview Date: 25 April 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit a Planning Enforcement Assistant to join our Development Management Team. This role will support the Senior Enforcement Officer in identifying, investigating and seeking to resolve any breaches of planning control throughout the Forest of Dean.
- Support the Senior Enforcement Officer in investigation and monitoring of alleged breaches of planning
- To seek to resolve through negotiation any breaches of planning control to safeguard the public and protect the environment of the Forest of Dean.
- Maintain records of all investigations and ensure that any evidence is presented in a logical and coherent manner.
- Make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action to address any alleged breach of planning
- At least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English to level C or above, or equivalent
- ICT and keyboard skills
- Proven experience dealing with the public with excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven investigative and/or planning experience
- Valid driving licence and use of a car for business purposes where necessary
- Planning technical qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a planning office
- Experience of dealing with legal issues including court prosecutions
- Experience of working to P.A.C.E and R.I.P.A
- Ability to interpret plan based information and measure drawings
The Planning service is a key function of the council. If you would enjoy being part of our friendly and committed customer focused team and in particular wish to ensure that the unique environment of the Forest of Dean is safeguarded against inappropriate buildings and uses this may be the role for you.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.