Planner/Enforcement Planner/Trainee Planner
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: From circa £20,000 to £33,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 *
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22 April 2018
Are you looking for a challenging exciting opportunity to gain experience and develop a career in planning, or do you already have experience and are hoping to progress your career? Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the area? Do you want to make decisions that affect how people live in a positive way, supporting new jobs and homes whilst protecting the environment?
If so, Publica is seeking to fill a number of exciting opportunities that have arisen to work in a supportive and high performing team planning the future of a beautiful part of the country.
* Applications for part-time work and job share are welcome
The posts will sit within Development Management or Planning Enforcement with opportunities to move between the teams.
Development Management Team:
- Process planning applications and queries (with guidance from more senior staff when appropriate) all in a timely manner.
- Undertake site visits in relation to planning applications and pre application enquiries.
- Assist with research, planning history, surveys and appeals.
- Liaise with members of the public, councillors and statutory bodies on planning applications
Planning Enforcement Team:
- To carry out all planning enforcement related functions including the processing and assessment of enforcement cases and some planning applications
- Carry out site visits to gather evidence
- A-Levels or equivalent
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent level of IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Valid driving licence and use of car for business use
- Interest in the built and natural environment
- Knowledge of a specialist area of planning e.g. retail impact, EIA, prior approvals etc
- Planning or related degree
- Supervisory experience and dealing with professionals and the public
- Willingness to work towards RTPI membership
The successful applicants will be expected to contribute positively to the team. Mentoring and support will be given to the candidates with the right attitude and skills but who may need to gain experience. The posts offer the opportunity to secure additional remuneration as skills and experience develop. You will need to travel around the District and have access to a car; applications for part-time work and job share are welcome.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.